What can the Court do if it is in the opinion that there is a possibility of a reconciliation?

It can:-

  1. with the consent of the parties, interview them in Chambers (Judge’s room), with or without the presence of their lawyers
  2. nominate a Conciliation Officer to endeavour to effect a reconciliation
  3. postpone the proceedings to allow the parties the opportunity of being reconciled

It is to be noted that anything said or discussed (including admissions) in the course of an endeavour to effect a reconciliation will not be admissible in Court if the parties proceed with the proceedings after such attempt fails.