What are ICA’s requirements for changing the name of my Minor Child via Deed Poll?

If both parents sign the Deed Poll for a minor, Immigration Checkpoints Authority (ICA) will process change of name without query and a declaration form.

If only one parent signs the Deed Poll, then ICA requires that parent to complete and sign a form to declare either one of the following:

  1. he/she is the sole parent (per birth certificate)
  2. that parent has an Order of Court which empowers him/her to change the minor’s particulars unilaterally
  3. the other parent/ legal guardian(s) is no longer alive and has not appointed any legal guardian in respect of the minor.

The Declaration Form is to be completed at ICA and not at Loh Eben Ong’s office. However, where a Deed Poll is signed by 1 parent (except for single parent as evidenced by the child’s birth certificate), that parent must sign Loh Eben Ong’s internal Declaration Form for our own internal record.