My child does not have an IC, what should I do?

There is no official documentation from ICA on this issue. Based on our experience, we would advise the parent(s) of the minor child (without an Identity Card) to either:-

  • attend at the Registry of Birth of ICA to update the child’s records with the Deed Poll; or
  • attend at ICA to change the child’s Singapore Passport to his new name with the Deed Poll

The above are just general information, and you are advised to contact ICA for its official position.