Must I inform the other Government Departments after I have changed my name in my Identity Card?

Information on an NRIC holder’s change of name may not be transmitted to other governmental departments. It is advisable to notify the relevant government departments of your new name, and they may require to have sight of the original Deed Poll for verification. You should forward a copy of your Deed Poll to the relevant govenment agencies (eg. CPF, HDB, SLA, IRAS and LTA) when requested.

The onus of reporting the change to government organisations, departments, statutory boards (such as Central Provident Fund Board) and authorities (eg. Singapore Land Authority) with whom he/she has dealings with lies with the holder.

Please note that this query relates to government policies, and we can only provide guidance and shall not be deemed as advice whatsoever.