I wish to come to an agreement with my spouse without having it being contested, how do I do that?

Contested divorce and ancillary matters hearings take a long time, are much more costly, and can be acrimonious. It is best for you, your spouse and your children if you are able to agree on how to move forward with a divorce, and come to certain consensus.

The Family Relations Centre of the Family Court is dedicated to helping you and your spouse come to an amicable arrangement on the divorce and ancillary matters. You can make a request for a Resolution Conference with a Judge of the Family Relations Centre.

You can also make a request for counselling at the Family and Juvenile Justice Centre of the Family Court.