I am overseas, can I change my name in my Identity Card overseas?

The Singapore Embassy or Consulate Office overseas are unable to assist in these matters. By Singapore law, an IC holder who changes his name should apply for a replacement identity card within 28 days. Please check with ICA on your queries.

Replacement of IC has to be done in person at ICA. Applicants who are overseas are advised to go to ICA in Singapore to alter the name in their ICs. The Applicant will have to produce the original deed poll, IC, passport ,one IC photo and a replacement fee. The new IC will be produced and issued to the Applicant within a day.

Caution Note: the above may be inaccurate and/or contains errors or may be outdated at the time of your reading, and kindly do not rely on the same without obtaining proper legal advice based on your scenario. Please note that government policies and laws change from time to time. If you chose to rely on the above information, you are doing so at your own risk.