How can I get back my private property title deed if I have fully redeemed my housing loan?

The Singapore Land Authority (SLA) will print and give you the title deed only if there are no outstanding mortgages, CPF charges, or other charges on the property. The CPF charge was created when you withdrew your CPF savings for the property to secure the refund of the principal amount withdrawn, including accrued interest, upon the sale of the property.

If there is still a CPF charge on the property, even if the mortgage and other charges are discharged, SLA will not print the title deed. Once the mortgage and/or other charges are discharged, you or your lawyers can liaise with SLA to obtain a copy of the title deed.

To obtain a digital title of your property, please see this article.

Disclaimer: The information provided herein is subject to potential errors, incompleteness and/or changes, and may be impacted by changes in governmental policies, laws, or regulations. We expressly disclaim any liability for inaccuracies or errors contained in this information. It is the responsibility of the reader to independently verify the information prior to reliance. For an accurate interpretation and applicability of all provided information in relation to your specific circumstances, we strongly recommend consultation with a practising lawyer, who can offer legal advice tailored to your situation.