Can one parent sign the Deed Poll for my minor child?

For change of a minor’s name via Deed Poll, both birth parents’ consent must be sought for a change of name. Accordingly, we require both parents to sign the Deed Poll, except with exceptions.

The exceptions for only one parent to the Deed Poll are: (1) she is a single parent as per the child’s birth certificate, (2) he/she must submit an Order of Court empowering him/her to unilaterally change the child’s particulars, or (3) the other parent has died and did not appoint a legal guardian for the child.

You may be required to email ICA a copy of the Order of Court, Birth Certificate, or death certificate, together with the completed declaration form, to after your online application has been submitted.