Can I apply for a Singapore divorce myself?

You may prepare your own divorce documents and file through a eLitigation service bureau, or engage a lawyer to represent you.

As there are complex court procedures and documents, it is advisable that you engage a lawyer, but if you can’t afford a lawyer, you may wish to approach the Legal Aid Bureau for assistance.

To commence the divorce proceedings, you will need to Writ for Divorce, Statement of Claim and Statement of Particulars in the Family Justice Courts. Please also not that the Courts cannot give you any legal advice on the divorce law or the procedures.