What is Power of Attorney for HDB Flats?

If you are selling, buying or subletting an HDB flat in Singapore, you may need to handle certain attendances or sign various legal documents personally. If you are not in Singapore to do so, or have been hospitalised and unable to attend to these matter yourself, the best option is to appoint an attorney to assist you during your absence.

The Power of Attorney (POA) is required if you are unable to attend personally to these matters. To minimise inconvenience, it is advisable to obtain a POA before leaving Singapore. Notwithstanding the POA, there are still some documents that may need to be signed by you personally.